What I said: Sanchez vs Kampmann - Diego by Split Decision
What really happened - Diego by Unanimous Decision
I said it would be an all out war and it was. Some say Kampmann won that fight 29-28 (Diego won 29-28) because of what Diego looked like after the match. I also said it wasn't going to be pretty.

"You should see the other guy, lulz"
Next Up for Sanchez - I'd actually like to see him against either "Stun Gun" or Thiago Alves
Next up for Kampmann - Same.
Next up for Kampmann - Same.
What Happened - It Happened
Dollaway got a takedown...Munoz got right back up. Big right hand, ground and pound, Munoz FTW. I usually say that it looks like Munoz is in trouble and then "BOOM".....well that happened.
Next up for Munoz - Leben or Bisping.
Next up for Dollaway - The Drawing Board.
What I said: Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman - Weidman by submission
What Happened - Weidman by Decision.
It was a bloody fight...but that was about it. Weidman got the takedown and tried working from there, but there was way too much blood from an elbow in the 2nd. The best part of the fight was when Sakara used the ref's shirt to wipe off the blood.
Next up for Weidman - Matt Serra said Weidman will be the guy to beat Anderson Silva....right, like the time he said he would beat GSP for the title......*shedding a tear*
Next up for Sakara - Staples in his forehead
What I said: Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page - Bowles by Guillotine.
135'ers. Should be fast pace, with Page pushing the tempo.....then he will get hit with a big right hand, shoot in the for the take down, and get submitted.
What Happened: Exactly what I said...I'm way too good @ this.
Next up for Bowles - A rematch with Torres or a fight with Benavidez
Damacio Page - Kid Yamamoto....and learning to defend the guillotine.
Prelims shown on the interwebz:
What I said: Joe Stevenson vs. Danny Castillo - Joe Daddy by Decision
What Happened: Castillo by Decision.
3 losses in a row for Joe Daddy....chopping block is coming close.
What I said: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Reuben Duran - Mizugaki by Submission
What Happened: Mizugaki by Split Decision
What I said: Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares - Roller by Decision
What Happened: Roller by TKO
What I said: Steve Cantwell vs. Cyrille Diabate - Cantwell by Submission.
What Happened: Diabate by decision (Cantwell wanted to stand with a Muay Thai specialist.)
1 judge scored the fight 30-25....which was pretty much on the button. Cantwell got manhandled.
Other fights
Dongi Yang vs Rob Kimmons - Yang by TKO
Rousimar Palhares vs Dave Branch - Palhares by submission (Heel hook)
Igor Pokrajac vs Todd Brown - Igor by TKO
Note: 2 Asians won on the same card...and I went 6-2 on my picks.
I really wanted to see munoz give some GNP but the ref stopped it so quickly. I think Joe daddy is probably gonna leave UFC. I was surprised at how much bigger Kampmann looked than Diego. I wanted to change my pick, but somehow he still won. The commentary on the shane roller fight was terrible. They kept saying shane roller didn't look comfortable striking. Twice I said, "he looks alright to me, I don't know what Rogan is talking about." Just after the 2nd time, Roller knocks him out cold for KO of the night.
ReplyDeleteMunoz would have put C.B. in a bodybag if the ref kept it going. He was out...but more like a flash KO. Still I knew Munoz would win that.
ReplyDeleteKampmann used to be @ middleweight (also he's 6'0") while Diego (who is 5'9" maybe 5'10") fluctuates between LW and WW. Kampmann is always going to be bigger than most WW's, but he seems to let the fight go into the judges hands, which will always bite him in the ass.
Yeah I never understood the whole "He doesn't look comfy striking" saying. He's a pretty good striker, though guys who he has faced in the last year (example: Pettis) are just better strikers. So he doesn't "look comfy" because the other guys have better technical striking....doesn't mean anything when he's KTFO of his opponents.