Thursday, March 31, 2011

MMA Discussion 03-31-2011

Quick rundown.
TUF, Fitch, Silva, and Sonnen!

TUF wasn't what I expected. I wanted these guys to fight to get into the house but I had to evaluate them by watching them. I've heard of 3 guys on the show and 1 was Myles Jury. I said to Alla "This guys going to win the show." Then he ends up tearing his knee. Good Times.
One guy who I've heard of was Charlie Radar (who happened to be Brock's 1st pick.) I've seen him before so that was a smart pick. I told Brad I'll look over some game tape (which I'll do tonight or the weekend) on these guys. I'm usually good @ picking a winner or two guys that are in the Finale, but this year looks pretty tough.

UFC 132
Jon Fitch is out of his rematch with BJ Penn due to an undisclosed injury. There is no replacement yet but I'll keep you updated. I'd actually like to see Anthony Johnson or Carlos Condit against Penn but I don't think that will be happening. Let's see what they do.

Horse Urine?
Thiago Silva pissed Non Human Urine? Actually he admitted to cheating for the fighting and is probably going to get the year suspension. Though he gave the NSAC "Altered Urine." Meaning that it was probably animal urine.......though this wasn't the first time it's happened. Kevin Randleman a few years ago before fighting Shogun had an extremely bad staph infection. Though after that cleared up he got a kidney infection. His doctor wouldn't clear him to fight but he didn't care anyway. He fought Shogun and lost, then submitted a sample of Urine to the NSAC. Turns out it was horse urine. He wasn't on the roids though....just he knew he wouldn't get cleared to fight because of all his internal infections.

Chael Sonnen vs Bisping? It's possible.
Recently they've been trash talking on eachother through twitter and the internet, and I'm hoping that they are the next coaches for TUF. Would be pretty epic.
Right now Chael is training with the Ceasar Gracie camp preparing Shields for GSP. If this guy isn't on the juice then something is wrong with my workout routine. He's on the left

1 comment:

  1. complete bullshit not making them fight to get into the house. i was looking forward to it all week. the first fight is what i judge all the guys by, its also the most action of any show on earth. theres usually at least 5 good knockouts. i feel like its unfair for the coaches too, how do they know who to pick? no 1st episode of TUF will be as great as last season when gsp tricked stupid ass kos into picking a scrub guy first.

    ReplyDelete