Here's 3 more stupid things to get you through the week.
1) Email Einstein
Another email sent to a nonexistent email address. This one is a gem for several reasons. You’ll notice the email address that it was sent to is Meridith@nationalpipehanger.com. Her email address is her whole name, not just her first name. No big deal so far. The stupid part is that even if her email was just her first name, he spelled that wrong. However, he knows how to spell her name correctly since he did in his email. Another dumb mistake is spelling Clevis wrong twice. It is probably the most well known type of pipe support. It’s the item shown on all the t-shirts we get made. This guy installs the stuff for a living and doesn’t know how to spell a 6 letter word. Also note his rugged texture background and brown default font that he probably got someone else to set up for him.
2) Chart Nub
I’m working on recreating some sheets that go along with our catalog. We need to make some changes and of course there is no file that the original was created from. I need to start from the beginning. I start to make the chart from this page, so I count up the rows and columns. When I start to enter the date, I realize I need another row because this genius didn’t put the column names in the chart. Putting them in the chart would make it much easier to read and would space out the words properly, instead of putting spaces between the words to make it almost line up with the column below. Also note that the 2nd column’s name looks like it says “eleven halves” instead of “one and one half”, because whoever made it was unaware of how to make fractions. To top it off, in the bottom row, “Gauge” is spelled wrong. The chart borders are outlined in blue though, so that makes it all better.
3) This last one doesn't need much explanation. I found this on g4's website in the comments under a video where Michelle Rodriguez talks about battlefield Los Angeles.
That kid is going to laugh so hard when that happens, but for now, we'll all just laugh at him. Something tells me this kid's favorite show was the x-files.
Maybe the guy thinks your clevis hangers are ass so he calls them Clevas I'm just saying, that's what I would do.
ReplyDeletei like the chart one, it seems that nobody ever wants to make something new, what they do is take something someone else did and make it slightly better while still keeping all the crappy parts of it. also instead of learning how to make the chart correctly, they just rig it
ReplyDeleteYesterday, our intern came to me to ask how to scan something then send it to a fax machine. Our fax machine, so he could test it because some applicant was telling him he kept trying to send us a fax and make a payment.
ReplyDeleteAmazed at how long he was willing to spend to test a fax machine, I told him to just call the warehouse where we have people screwing around in an office all day and ask them to fax us something.
The really dumb part.....is that he said that he had thought of that and it was his plan B.
If plan A is less efficient and harder, then it should be plan B.