Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strikeforce - Hendo vs Cavalcante Recap...

Strikeforce this weekend wasn't that bad.
I went 4-1 on my winning picks which wasn't bad at all.
So far this year I'm 14-6 in 3 events.

What I said: Dan Henderson vs. Rafael Cavalcante - Hendo by TKO
What Happened: It Happened
Hendo actually almost lost this one but dodged a big punch from Rafael in the opening round. Hendo is starting to show his age and is getting rocked by every punch thrown his way. I even think Jake Shields rocked him a few times.
Next up for Hendo - Anyone on the Strikeforce Roster.
Next up for Cavalcante - More Training....how did this guy get the title anyway?

What I said: Marloes Coenen vs. Liz Carmouche - Coenen by Submission /Armbar
What Happened: It happened...well....Marloes Coenen by submission / triangle
I knew she would pull of the submission. Though lost the standup war...221-48 according to compu-strikes. Carmouche was putting a beating on her until Coenen did what she does best and pull out a submission.
Next up for Coenen - Miesha Tate
Next up for Carmouche - She fought on 2 weeks short notice....so she'll be back.

What happened: Melvin Manhoef vs. Tim Kennedy - Kennedy by Decision
What happened: Kennedy by Submission
I really wanted a 1st round KO from Manhoef but he was taken down by Kennedy's 4th attempted takedown, and gave him the RNC. Horrible Sub defense.
Next up for Kennedy: Another title shot against Jacare.
Next up for Manhoef: BJJ Classes

What I said: Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal - Masvidal by TKO.
What Happened: Masvidal by decision
Next up for Masvidal: Give him a title shot.
Next up for Evangelista: Anyone in the LW division.


What I said: Jorge Gurgel vs. Tyler Combs - Combs by Decision
What happened: Gurgel by Submission
I was shocked when I got to see this.......it was his first submission since 2005. In his post fight he was unsatisfied with his Submission win.......He would have won maybe 5 out of 7 of those losses he has on his record if he used his BJJ more often.
Next up for Gurgel: Getting TKO'ed
Next up for Combs: Who??????

4 comments:

  1. I heard rumors of a Fedor vs Hendo matchup. Did anybody check out the fights on MTV2? I forgot they were on and spent the evening watching FaceOff. There's no way you could get it on with somebody and they wouldn't know it was a different person, even if the face looked the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them...Bellator is not bad but half of these guys suck. The one guy who's the favorite was TKO'ed by GSP a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, you could easily get it on with someone if you looked like them. There were plenty of times a girl thought I was another guy from college or high school and I went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did hendo tko that guy, i dont think so, pretty sure the mat knocked him the eff out. stu and i watched it in slow mo a bunch of times. hendo touches his chin, but the guy takes an awkward fall and slams his head on teh mat. hendo does follow it up with a couple nice punches to the side of teh head though.
    manhoef has some great kicks, but no ground game, submission defense is terrible, i think he's been submitted in 5 out of 6 fights.

    ReplyDelete