
It's time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know how we can follow up the ufc that just passed.....but a Fight Night on free tv can't hurt.

Phil Davis vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ever since the Jason Brilz vs Little Nog fight, I haven't been sold on Nog.
He couldn't stop his wrestling and nearly got choked out by basically a no name guy.
Then he fought Ryan Bader....and ended up losing a decision to someone who was a better wrestler.
Phil "Mr. Wonderful" Davis is basically on the same type of roll Jon Jones has been. Difference is that Jones has beaten better opponents. This is Phil Davis's time to show everyone that he is the new kid on the block.
Why Diet Nog will win.
Experience, Striking, BJJ
I can't say that a guy with over 20 fights doesn't have experience. Also he got the bronze medal for Boxing in the Pan Ams a few years back. He is a multiple time BJJ champion and very crafty off of his back.
Why Mr. Wonderful will win.
Wrestling, magical submission shorts, cardio, & Nickname.
The guys a beast when it comes to wrestling. His cardio is off the charts, and he makes up his own moves. Also his nickname is Mr. Wonderful. Can't beat that.
Why Diet Nog won't win.
Sometimes Nog likes to stand and bang....and he once was KO'd by Sokoudjou in 23 seconds.
Yes....Sokoudjou. Also he needs to work on his wrestling defense.
Why Mr. Wonderful won't win.
He might get caught in a submission. I sometimes see a few mistakes that he does but he's such an athletic freak that he just powers out of stuff. I know he hasn't faced anyone with a BJJ pedigree like Diet Nog, so this will be a good test. Plus for months he was training for Matt Hamill, so the sudden change in opponents is a step up.
Who Wins?
Tough but I'm going to say Phil Davis. Those fights Nog had with Brilz, Soko, and Bader are just
lingering in my mind....and Phil Davis is 100 times better than all of them.
I'm going with Phil Davis by Decision. Then you will hear everyone talk about the comparisons between Davis and Jones. Just not yet. Davis would have to improve his striking in 20 times normal gravity to get where Jones is at today.

Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson - Dan Hardy by Decision.
I'm a big Anthony Johnson fan. I want him to get the TKO, but the other part of me thinks that he wont make weight for this. Plus he's coming off of a year and a half lay off and knee surgery. Also he was 230 pounds 12 weeks ago. And he was 203 8 weeks ago. He cuts a tremndous amount of weight and I don't know if his cardio will be there.
Above is Johnson, Maia, and Jones. Johnson is even bigger than Jones....and when is not cutting weight....is about 10 pounds heavier than Jones on a normal day. Crazy how he can cut 60 pounds in 3 months.Dan Hardy has gone plenty of 3 rounders as well as a 5 rounder with GSP. He's a pretty good fighter and will probably be a little more cautious when facing his opponents since his KTFO moment a few months ago. But I don't think it'll happen again. I can see him keeping the distance and clinching with Johnson and trying to wear him out, while getting some good shots in.
Johnson will be tired by round 3 and Hardy will pick his shots.
Still if Johnson gets the 2nd round tko....don't be surprised.
Other fights
Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson - Amir Sadollah by Decision
Amir never fights but when he does he always seems to go to decision.
Why are you employed by the UFC again?
Aaron Simpson vs. Mario Miranda - Simpson by Decision
Who?
Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung - Korean Zombie by Decision
Just like the first one with Chan Sung Jung with the upset Decision.
Unless Cecil Peoples is your judge for the evening.
Fights they might show.
Alex Caceres vs. Mackens Semerzier - Semerzier by Submission
"Bruce Leeroy vs The Best 5-3 fighter you'd ever see."
Should be a great fight with both fighters going back and forth until Bruce Leeroy makes a crucial mistake.
Sean McCorkle vs. Christian Morecraft - McCorkle by TKO
Both like to slug it out. Both lost to Struve. Morecraft has been KTFO.
Phil Davis is gonna wamp nog. I don't think it goes all 3 rounds. I'm going with Anthony Johnson over Dan Hardy. I think Johnson is gonna come out too fast for Hardy and swarm him with the quickness. Bruce Leeroy will lose and probably get dropped by the UFC.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see Johnson get the TKO.
ReplyDeleteHe's faster, stronger, and a better striker.
He'll need to KO him in the 1st or TKO in the 2nd.
I just know that his cardio won't be there.
That's why I'm going the Dan hardy route.
dan hardy is great against scrub guys, but he accidentally made a name for himself and now that he fights better opponents, he gets ktfo or arm barred and doesnt tap.
ReplyDeletei'm cheering for bruce leeroy, i know he'll throw some stupid kick and get beat down, but it will be worth it to see him come out in the bruce lee game of death uniform.
phil davis is big, he will wrestle nog to a decision.
i kept reading that guys name fighting bruce leeroy as the smezmerizer
ReplyDelete