Thursday, February 24, 2011

TOP 5 Games

I've been thinking about putting together a list of the greatest games i've played, i think we've all debated it at some point.  i decided to make a list of top 5 games of all time, but then i decided to separate them by multiplayer or single player type games because they offer a different experience.  i based the games on fun, innovation, replay value, and thinkability (this is a category i just made up and i'm sure there is a better word for it, but essentially it means how much do you think about going home and playing a game or thinking about how you are going to plan out your character or mission)
side note: this list is probably missing some stuff or has some games listed very highly because i remember it being great at the time.  also i made it in about 5 minutes while eating lunch.


TOP 5 (single player)
5.  Resident evil 2
4. Final Fantasy 7
3. Megaman 2
2. Skies of Arcadia
1. Fallout 3


TOP 5 (multiplayer)
5.  007 Goldeneye
4.  COD (all the ones from mod war to blackops, they are basically the same game when it comes to mp)
3.  Borderlands
2. NFL 2k4
1. Monster Hunter

i'd be interested to see your guys lists as well, or top 5 in another category. like top 5 friday the 13th movies, top 5 dumps taken at work, whatever you got

18 comments:

  1. Top 5 single players
    1. Super Mario 3
    2. Metal Gear Solid
    3. Mega Man 2
    4. Final Fantasy 7
    5. Resident Evil 2

    Honorable Mention
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Katamari Damacy



    Top 5 Multiplayer
    1. COD series
    2. NFL 2K4
    3. 007 Goldeneye
    4. Twisted Metal
    5. Tekken Tag Tournament

    Honorable Mention
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. My single player would have to include RE4.
    There's no way I can pick which of the classic Resident Evils to put in there. I just had an argument with myself in my head over why RE:0, RE2 and RE:CV are all great.
    I might put Mario 64 on there also.
    I'm just gonna make an RPG top 5 cause i can't decide.
    5. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    4. Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan)
    3. Chrono Trigger
    2. Final Fantasy 7
    1. Skies of Arcadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also forgot Mario Kart.
    We used to play the crap out of that game. I remember one time Andy wanted to play with us while Merb was waiting in his room. He chose Pizza and Mario Kart over a hawt piece of ass.

    Also Legend of Zelda.....how could we forget that.

    Mike Tyson's Punch out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ocarina of time was a great game. They are coming out with it in 3D for the 3DS. We could probably include NHL2005 or whatever year we used to play. me and bill played like 6 years worth of season in that with our created guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did consider legend of zelda, it was very innovative in its time, i also considered ocarina of time and mario kart. the problem is i forget how much i played these games, more recent games stick out in my head more. twisted metal is a good one too, we played that thing hard. i did love code veronica as well, maybe we should have just put top 5 series, so you could have like tony hawk series because they were all so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrestlemania 2000 - We spent boatloads of hours on that game. Either creating guys or trying to get the kill on the other guy.

    Dragon Force - If you guys could find a rom and emulator for that...it's probably one of my favorite RPG's of all time. I had / have? it for Sega Saturn. I just have to find my Saturn and my games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @gerry (or mike, whoever is putting them up) - the pics for the page header are great, its cool to look at the blog and see a different funny pic.

    @gerry - i thought you would have put pokemon snap as one of your favs, you did rent it for about a month.

    also, i'm surprised none of us put seaman as one of our top games. you could use the microphone and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. URBAN DICTIONARY
    January 16, 2011 Urban Word of the Day
    1. COD diet - you lose a lot of weight due to missing meals, because you play too much call of duty

    Guy 1: Dude, have you lost weight?
    Guy 2: Yeah, after Black Ops came out, I went back on the COD diet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Borderlands could probably go in the multiplayer especially if they have another game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how we keep up with the Star Wars Theme in the blog header.

    oh and Pokemon Snap was amazing!!!!
    Actually I don't even know why I had rented it and never brought it back. I always heard great things about Pokemon games.....this one was all about taking pictures though. Sucked.

    Seaman was great. People would probably think we were crazy playing it. What was his name that we gave him?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bill hasn't even joined in on this yet?
    The COD Diet is pretty bad. If it wasn't for Alla asking me "If I was hungry" I'd probably be 10 pounds lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely pangar, i just like that you could cheat the game by changing the internal clock on the dreamcast.

    star wars header theme is great, maybe we should pick a different theme each month or something. or just star wars all the time.

    bill is a manger now, he cant associate with noobs like us. nah, he'll probably be pissed when he looks on here and sees all that he has missed.

    @mike - i did put borderlands on my list for multi. i thought about how to make my guy for a long time, then i couldnt wait to play the game so i could get a few levels higher than you guys and give you weapons and stuff. a co-op shooter rpg action game is what all of us like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off Damn, you guys always start making lists and commenting on shit as soon as i leave work, and yeah they got me busy as shit all day. Anyway here are some of my lists.

    TOP 5 NES Games

    5. Guerilla War
    4. Jackal
    3. Legend Of Zelda
    2. Super Mario
    1. Mega Man 2

    Top 5 Single Player Games

    1. Oblivion ( I haven't finished Fallout yet )
    2. Skies of Arcadia
    3. Final Fantasy 3
    4. Mega Man 2
    5. Resident Evil 2

    Top 5 Offline Multi player

    1. NHL 94
    2. Golden Eye
    3. Super Mario Kart
    4. Contra
    5. Conflict Desert Storm

    Top 5 Online Multiplayer

    1. Borderlands
    2. Monster Hunter
    3. COD
    4. NHL 2004
    5. NFL 2k4

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also yeah i friend requested that girl. I'm gonna be like Rey Mysterio. Shes cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Time for the Bad Ass Wave!!!!!!"

    That game was great. I remember no one wanted to be that roided up guy that just beat on people. Worse Super Power Ever.

    Worst thing about the game was missing a day then coming into a game and you guys would be 10 levels up. So when I went in to play MP with you guys....all the bosses / villains were super strong.

    Can't miss a day...that's a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What about starfox?
    Jackal was freaking awesome.
    The problem I have with top list of games is that like movies....when you go back and play them, your standards are now too high.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't post tags....ghey...

    Best game ever
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/CrawfishStu/cobainguitarhero.jpg

    ReplyDelete