
This weekend UFC 127.
B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch - BJ Penn by Submission
I know right now BJ Penn is an underdog. But BJ does better with guys that are his speed. GSP used his power and speed to tire BJ out. Frankie Edgar beat BJ using speed and elusiveness. Fitch does not have that speed and is not elusive...he is going to be fighting @ BJ's pace.
What Fitch does have is Josh Koscheck type wrestling, they train together which means they will probably put all of us to sleep. His takedowns are good against someone who doesn't have any takedown defense, though his striking is mediocre at best. He's basically a Jake Shields clone. Awesome right?
Why BJ Penn will win.
BJ has a great sprawl, and flexibility to get back up if taken down by Fitch. His striking is 50 times better than Fitch, and his ground game is light years beyond Fitch's dry humping style.
If BJ doesn't KO (TKO) him in the first round, look for a 2nd round submission.

Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera - Bisping by Submission
I don't really care for either of these fighters, but there has been tons of trash talking and Rivera doesn't have the type of skill that Bisping has. Bisping is a gatekeeper, & Rivera should be fighting in Strikeforce. Plus I rather have Bisping win so Anderson Silva could do this to him in the future.

Other fights
George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver - Sotiropoulos by Submission
Chris Lytle vs. Brian Ebersole - Lytle by TKO
Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi - Why is this on the main card? Noke by UD
Prelim matches they could show but won't know if they will:
Ross Pearson vs. Spencer Fisher - Fisher by Decision
Tie Quan Zhang vs. Jason Reinhardt - Zhang by Guillotine
Mark Hunt vs. Chris Tuchscherer - Hunt by KO
how come zhang's not on the main card? If he wins, we gotta see his fight. He's the best fighter in China. I think fitch is gonna beat BJ by UD. Edgar outwrestled BJ and Fitch is stronger than him. I think we'll see the dry humping of a lifetime. I hope bj penn knocks him out though.
ReplyDeleteYour photoshopping skills are off the charts!!
ReplyDelete@ Mike - Zhang should be on the main card. They keep trying to get Asian Exposure, but maybe their afraid he'll lose. Keep him on the undercard....if he wins in dramatic fashion (or just wins) show it.
ReplyDelete@ Bill - I'm working on this great shoop though it'll probably take me a few days to finish.
i agree, bj by submission. i would love to see another KO though.
ReplyDeletesotiropolous is a beast, he will definitely win by submission. fact
spencer fisher used to be a big name, now he's undercard
rofl at manvill the anvil. He was in the main event in strikeforce but the very last fight in ufc. now he's hurt anyway.
ReplyDeleteSpencer Fisher was 1 win away from a title shot, though got TKO'ed by Hermes Franca. Now he's another gate keeper in the UFC.
ReplyDeleteI invited big chris to ufc. dunno if he'll make it or not. I'm pretty sure he'll call me to ask if he can bring a friend, although his friend never comes.
ReplyDeleteaww he has to work at 11 so if he comes it will only be for a half hour.
ReplyDeleteHaha. He's always a good time to have around. He'll probably talk about how big Bobby Lashley's sac is & fighting a no name guy in Titan FC.
ReplyDeleteBTW I responded to our alcohol post. You were off on the Grey Goose, Coronas and the Patron.
Though on a good note, every time you come over for UFC I got extra stuff for you.
"aww he has to work at 11 so if he comes it will only be for a half hour."
ReplyDeleteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
we can watch the wedding video outtakes as well.
ReplyDeleteDO me a favor, can you throw those onto a cd or dvd (or I'll bring a USB stick if that's easier) to your place. Alla wants to see them (though she works this weekend.)
ReplyDeleteYou were right. Fitch put me to sleep for a bit in that fight.
ReplyDeletetold you fitch would win
ReplyDelete