Fable... There is not one game that will get put on this list that will even come close to sucking as much as Fable. Terrible gameplay, terrible co-op, shortest RPG ever, just terrible
Quest 64 for N64, I had forgotten the name, Mike remembered. Anyway Brad, Mike, and I played it, but that game sucked pretty hard, I don't think they even attempted to come out with another RPG for that system after that. Although it was definately better then Fable.
Red Dead Redemption.. The idea was there, Co-op was cool but it got boring in a hurry, too repetitive, no way it should have gotten a 10
I've played a ton of crappy games but I remember my first crappy game ever.
ReplyDeleteIt was called E.T.
My mom bought it for me for the Atari and I thought it would be great....eating Reeces, drinking beer, dissecting frogs, epic bike / chase scene.
It had none of that.
You'd fall into a hole looking for pieces of a Phone and raise your neck to fly. Then some bad guys came after you. Game was ass.
The game you're thinking of was Quest 64.
ReplyDeleteHere's an email convo about fable:
Email from Brad -
I’ve been bringin in some old game informers so I have something to read in the bathroom
I was just reviewing one and I’m still pissed about fable 3’s rating
Normally I really trust their ratings and will actually try a game based on that
Here’s my argument
Fallout: new vegas 8.75, I think that’s fair, although I would have given fallout 3 a 10 and new vegas a 9.5 (not that it wasn’t as good, but the original was kind of groundbreaking)
How can you rank fable better than it, I know you didn’t even play it, but it was a game for little kids, maybe that’s why they ranked it high. I think they only ranked it high because the creator of the game did several interviews with their magazine and because they thought fable 2 was great.
Also, tron legacy got a 4.5, I think fable was maybe slightly better than that. I actually had more fun playing tron than fable.
Email from Mike -
The game sounded butt from your descriptions. I can’t think of one positive comment. I still remember bill saying, “that can’t the end already. Yup, that’s the end. Gay”
Email from Brad -
They tried to make it cool so there were no menus, but instead it was just annoying
You warped to a different area and had to go up to each weapon in your armory to see its stats
You had to walk to different rooms to do different things like armor or weapons or map
Imagine having to walk around everytime you want to hit left or right trigger in fallout to go to different section of your pip boy
That’s just the beginning of my complaints
Combat is plain and simple button smashing
One button shoots, one button attacks, one button magics (infinite bullets and magic)
Upgrade system was terrible, every guy can unlock the same exact stuff, you don’t choose between skills, you get them all, so your guys are all exactly the same.
They put more effort into your interactions with civilians then they did with combat
Game is trash and don’t waste your time or money on it
red dead got a ton of publicity, i think it won a bunch of awards. the single player campaign was fun, although it was too much of collecting flowers and bullshit busy work quests.
ReplyDeletethe multiplayer was plain boring, the only thing you could do is ride to a town that had a gang and shoot the bandits.
overall i wouldnt say the game sucked, but it wasnt as great as i hoped and they brought out dlc way too late.
2 points.
ReplyDelete1. We should have our own video game magazine. When Monster Hunter came out, the game only had like a 7.5 rating. I'd give it at least a 9. Fable deserves a 3, you want a good game that kids can play, get lego anything!!! My kids thought fable was boring as well. Noone gives a damn about character interaction, I thought Fable was gonna be an Oblivion type game multiplayer, it didn't even come close, I would have rather gotten Goblin Commander.
2. If you make multiplayer boring, then you suck at your job and you shouldn't be designing anything!
lost planet colonies. granted we didnt give the game a chance, but the multiplayer was strange. the controls were terrible. still i dont remember ever buying and game and playing it less than i did with lost planet.
ReplyDeleteYeah lost planet was bad, I gave it to you immediately, wasn't worth the achievement points.
ReplyDeleteRed dead wasn't bad, but it didn't hold my interest for too long. the open world was cool, but they didn't have enough rpg elements. the only thing you could level up was your horse. If they had some bosses that weren't just regular guys that would've been cool. should've made it more of a cowboys vs aliens game.
ReplyDeleteI would like to say something about Lost Planet.....before the COD games became great, I actually had & loved the 1st Lost Planet game in 2007. I honestly thought it was pretty great, single player mode was awesome and the multiplayer was done very well. It had a cult following just like Monster Hunter.
ReplyDeleteThen who knows what happened. I don't know what they did with the other versions of Lost Planet but they tried "improving" the multiplayer which made it worse. It was never broken to begin with.
Also we are all spoiled by COD now. Any other FPS / 3POS (3rd Person over shoulder) will never live up to the hype train other games are getting.
One other way you can tell that fable rating in game informer is nonsense.
ReplyDeleteI was just reviewing game informer in the bathroom
They have a list of all their editors and their top 10 games of 2010
Only 1 guy had fable 3 on his list, and it was ranked 10, above it was some pinball game. I think the guy just doesnt play that many games and started throwing names down to complete his list.
i also noted that nobody had fallout: new vegas on their list. how come mass effect makes a cool game, they make basically the same game again, and everyone thinks its great (wins awards, high ratings, etc.) but fallout 3 was a great game that won awards and had high ratings, they make the same game again and it doesnt get any respect. new vegas is probably my fav game of 2010, if not black ops.
Fallout new vegas is a terrific game. I would've given it a 10 if it didn't have the freezing issue. I wouldn't rate the last dlc very high, but if they came out with more dlc i'd still get it.
ReplyDelete