Friday, February 18, 2011

Sayings and their rebuttals

For some reason i've compiled a list of ways to refute some well known sayings. Most of them I just stole from other sources, but if you get a chance to use one of these, you'll shut someone up quickly.

The early bird gets the worm.
     But the second mouse gets the cheese.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
     But who's trying to catch flies?

John Deere, runs like a deer.
     Smells like a john.

Curiosity killed the cat.
     But satisfaction brought him back.

There's no I in team.
     but there's an M and an E.
     Then who's on the team?
     That's why I prefer to be called a Unit.

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eye.
     then it's just fun you can't see.

Two wrongs don't make a right
     but they make a good excuse.

2 comments:

  1. Here's some I didn't have an answer for.

    No man is an island.

    A stitch, in time, saves nine.

    If there's a will there's a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's a will theres a way
    but the way involved leaving it in and then there was will

    ReplyDelete