Monday, February 28, 2011

MMA Report - UFC 127




This weekend UFC 127.
What I said
B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch - BJ Penn by Submission
What Really Happened - Majority Draw

For 2 rounds, BJ controlled Fitch, had a few submission attempts, and almost finished it in the 2nd, then did what he always does best. Gassed. The 3rd round was all Fitch, and hit him with over 100 shots while BJ laid there and took it. Definitley a 10-8 round. If BJ defended, got up, or tried for sub attempts, it would have been a 10-9 and BJ would have won by Split decision. I'll give him this though, he almost finished Fitch and no one in the UFC had ever come close. (GSP's ass beating for 5 rounds doesn't count.)

Next up for both - Probably a rematch.
Penn needs to work on his cardio.



Bisping vs Rivera
What I said - Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera - Bisping by Submission
What really happened - Bisping by TKO

I didn't think he had it in him to TKO Rivera though wouldn't have happened if he didn't throw an illegal knee that dropped Rivera (which I'm suprised didn't KO him.) Rivera was out of it after that, but kept going. After the match, Bisping, being the gentleman he is, spit @ Rivera's corner and said to Rivera "Go Home Loser."

Next up for Rivera - Undercards on ION TV
Next up for Bisping - I'm hoping Chael Sonnen doesn't go to prison because that's a fight I'd like to see. Trash talking would be epic.

What I said - Tie Quan Zhang vs. Jason Reinhardt - Zhang by Guillotine
What really happened - It happened



Tie Quan Zhang is the best fighter to come out of China since Jackie Chan. But no for real, he is actually a pretty good prospect with a great submission game. People are going to start defending the choke, so I'm wondering how good his all around game is?

Next up for Tie Quan Zhang - I say another undercard fight but on Spike.
Next up for Reinhardt - Gladiator Fighting Championships


What I said - Mark Hunt vs. Chris Tuchscherer - Hunt by KO
What happened - It happened



Mark Hunt has no ground game. Mark Hunt is built like a plumber. Mark Hunt hits like a truck. Don't stand with Mark Hunt or this happens. (Not a photoshop)

Next up for Hunt - Someone without a ground game.
Next up for Tuchscherer - Strikeforce or Bellator.


Robbery of the year - Nick Ring over Riki Fukuda
Nick Ring was manhandled for 3 rounds. Fukuda had better wrestling, striking, and submission attempts. He didn't lay and pray, he tried to finish the fight.
Nick Ring slept with the judges. It wasn't a Cecil People's decision either.
Dana White gave Fukuda his "win" bonus which I think was pretty classy though having a loss to Nick Ring on your resume stings.


Other fights
What I said - George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver - Sotiropoulos by Submission
What really happened - Siver by Decision

What I said - Chris Lytle vs. Brian Ebersole - Lytle by TKO
What really happened - Ebersole by Decision

What I said - Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi - Why is this on the main card? Noke by UD
What really happened - Noke by submission

2 comments:

  1. If BJ did anything in the 3rd round he would've won. I loved his strategy to get up a couple rounds on a blanket like fitch. then he can't execute his game plan of holding you down. I can't believe how easily BJ took him down. GSP would throw him in every corner of the cage like a special ed. hammer toss. Bisping actually spit on jorge's corner after kneeing him in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About Bisping...he's a wanker. I think that's what they call it in England. No class....hopefully they'll give him a title shot if Anderson Silva is still the champion.

    ReplyDelete