I'm going to start it off by talking about UFC 131.....which looks like a great event.
Shane Carwin vs. Junior dos Santos - JDS by TKO
A few experts are giving Carwin the KO win but seem to forget one thing....that he hasn't fought in a year and he is coming back from neck surgery. I understand that he has lunchboxes for hands but JDS hits just as hard. I believe that Carwin's cardio won't be there and JDS will walk away the winner.
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes - Florian by Decision
I feel bad for Kenny Florian. He thinks the answer is dropping weight. No it's not....the answer is working on your overall game. His biggest weakness is wrestling and if he dedicated time into training it (just like GSP did) he would do fine against his opponents. Now he is @ 145 thinking that this move will help him win the title. I can't wait too see him @ the weigh-ins.
Demian Maia vs. Mark Munoz - Munoz by TKOI've only seen Maia stopped once (by Nate the Great) and he's known to take a few beatings in his fights but usually comes out the winner. Not this time. Munoz has been on a roll lately and I think that this fight will put him @ #4 or 5 in the MW division. After this, he needs to fight someone that will put him in line for a title shot.
Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman - "Pee Wee" Herman by TKO
This is actually a fight I was hoping to be shown on the main card. Herman is a prospect @ 20-2 while Einemo hasn't fought in 5 years, though is the last man to submit Roger Gracie in a grappling tournament. Herman is a beast and I expect this to be a great fight.
Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha - Cerrone by submission
Cowboy Cerrone.....FTW.
Fights I hope they show.
Yves Edwards vs. Sam Stout - Edwards by submission
Thugjitsu specialist Edwards is on the undercard but he's an exciting fighter to watch if you've never seen him.
Other MMA News
Jones vs Rampage - UFC 135 in September.
Nick Diaz has forfeited his Strikeforce WW Title to face GSP in October. Even though he will be regarded as a "UFC" fighter, he is allowed to go back to Strikeforce whenever he would like.
Flyweight division has been added to the UFC.....maybe Kenny Florian will jump to that division in the future.
Main Events - 5 rounds. I think this is a great idea and will work for a few fighters (Pettis, Diaz) but backfire on others (BJ Penn, a majority of the HW division.)
G4TV might be the new home of the UFC? Spike is the new home of Bellator?
I'm not a big fan of this...though Zuffa will be purchasing a portion of G4 which means it'll soon be mostly an MMA channel and not a bunch of Cop Re-Runs. Also instead of having all prelims on facebook, they'll probably move it to G4 instead. I think I have G4 in HD?
The 5 rounds for a main event is cool, but it's almost unfair. What about co main events, are they 5 rounds as well? What if you are fighting on some free card, like the finale of the ultimate fighter? I don't think you really deserve a 5 rounder.
ReplyDeleteI had a dream that kenflo didn't make weight. So if he doesn't, just know that i told you so.
looks like some good fights. its funny that you picked every fight to end tko/submissions except kenflo who is famous for saying he finishes fights. i dont think anybody finishes fights at 145, the guys should come in with bats or something. i dont think g4 has hi-def at the moment, but i'd rather watch in low def than watch on glitchy facebook. i hope munoz destroys maiaia
ReplyDeleteI think its more for PPV cards, but I might be wrong. Hopefully you'll be back from that wedding to watch a hungry Kenflo in action.
ReplyDeleteAldo usually finishes fights @ 145, just his last one was just a pure beating. I would like too see Aldo vs KenFlo because they would keep it standing unless Aldo knows Florians weakness and wrestlefucks him to death. I would have picked Florian by TKO, but he might be drained.
Last time I said nobody finishes fights at bantamweight, Brian Bowles choked a dude out in the first round. I was watching countdown to UFC and Munoz calls his ground and pound attacks "Donkey Kong Punches".
ReplyDelete