Friday, June 3, 2011

MMA Discussion 06-03-2011 - TUF Finale



Anthony Pettis vs. Clay Guida - Pettis by submission
I can make this short and sweet. Guida is not that great against strikers with a good wrestling / submission game. Diego fought @ his pace and nearly ko'd him plenty of times. Ken-Flo dropped him with a combo then choked him out. Pettis is basically going to do the same thing those two did against Guida. Look for a 3 round back n forth war between the two......and then out of nowhere a submission from Pettis.

Tony Ferguson vs. Ramsey Nijem - Tony by Decision
Even though I picked Tony to be in the finals, I didn't expect Ramsey to be there. Ramsey throughout the show seemed a little 1 dimensionally.....a grappler with no striking....then he shocked me when he tko'd Cope. Tony on the other hand made some comments towards "Radar" about not paying child support. Seems like everyone is going to "boo" him on Saturday. Not this guy.....look for Tony & Ramsey to exchange punches with Tony getting the better of the exchange every time. Ramsey will look for a takedown over and over while Tony stuffs them, winning the match and the TUF 13 title.

So this was probably the most lackluster TUF of all time. The coaches didn't hate each other, a coach didn't break the door, and the fighters didn't fight to get onto the show. I'm definitely looking forward to the next TUF.....Mayhem vs Bisping.

7 comments:

  1. you said ramsey getting the better of the exchanges and then ramsey looking for a takedown. did you mean tony getting the better of the exchanges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was in a rush, looking for Golf Clubs online...have a meeting on the golf course Tuesday, and I don't have clubs, and golfing attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Yeah, that's what I meant. I fixed it in the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony looked good last week, he shut down trash bag chuck. tony had him backpedaling and running away the whole time. also, ramsey beat cope, cope was never really that great, his previous fight against the short wrestler guy was terrible. neither guy deserved to win. my dad probably has golf clubs that you could borrow, i dont think he's golfed in years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully all those trips to the driving range pay off

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully it will. I'm there just for show. My boss goes "we have a meeting on Tuesday @ Commonwealth National Golf Club in Horsham." He then asks "DO you play golf?" and I say "The driving range and miniature" and he said "Ok that's fine."

    Now I golf. Good news is I get out of work the full day, the bad news is if I suck, this is the last "golf" meeting I'll be attending. Hole in 1 on 18 holes......it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trashbag Charlie is fighting Cope on the main card. Len Bentley is nowhere near being in the UFC. Guy talked about he was great then they just snubbed him....lol

    ReplyDelete