There was more (apparently you can download teh newdz on certain websites) but I won't get into it. This was the computer that holds all their customer info, point of sale, cash register, etc. The virus is so bad that it took me over 2 hours to backup their point of sale software and transfer to another computer.Also the genius had an animated background (Matrix) and told me that the computer is slow but not because of his background.
i literally just lolled, not like the fake lol that people do all the time, when i read the tag, juicywetmouths3, i lolled and choked a little.
ReplyDeletea couple things,
#1 its obvious who you are talking about because he sells watches, also because you can see his name in the location of the file.
#2 dont hate on teh matrix background, if it does slow your comp down, its worth it.
#3 i actually dont blame the guy for looking at nudies on a work comp, sometimes you get bored, i wish i could do it at work. you may want to confess to your computer guy though, because he's gonna find out anyway
what do you normally do in case of viruses? i think it takes to long to remove, i just backup and reinstall.
If the virus is not that bad then I'll manually remove it (editing / deleting a few registry files, safe mode scans, etc.)
ReplyDeleteA few weeks ago they had an issue and I manually removed it. This time the registry was really screwed up, and I couldn't boot into safe mode (blue screen.) I was going to try and run the repair option (windows disk style) but I decided just to transfer stuff and wipe this computer.
If I feel like it's going to take over an hour then I'll backup & reinstall, which I do 90% of the time.
I have a virus on mine and I also don't look up teh newdz so I believe him.
ReplyDelete