Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Brink
This is my first post in a while and I'll apoligize ahead of time for the lack of pictures. Anyway I played the game for about 4 hours yesterday through the campaign. The campaign seemed a little short, but my guess 8 hours for a campaign on easy isn't too shabby for a shooter. The game reminds me personally of a Battle Front type game with no vehichles but way more customization and gun upgrades. You can also customize your character as well and it seems like after every mission you unlock something because of the amount of experience you can get. I haven't played against other kids yet and I only used the medium build person. The medic seems to be a very important part of any team as he can pick people up in seconds so i have been working on him. What is also nice is you can spend your points on any of the classes and can change mid game at any of the battle stations. This game has COD playability type potential. Especially when we fully upgrade the classes we want to use and dominate kids. For now I'm going to go with an 8 rating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
stu and i played it for a few hours last night. its fun, but frustrating at points. both teams seem to have infinity guys so you are never completing objectives without stopping to shoot somebody. we did spend a long time trying to complete the challenge maps (which unlock gun attachments) only to find out that you cant complete them with multiple players, they have to be completed solo in order to get the unlockables. it seems there is a lot of upgrading and customizing when you first start, i'm wondering how long that will last until we've upgrading everything and unlocked every perk. my only complaing so far is that i played 1 level of online vs other players and it was pretty glitchy
ReplyDeleteGlitchtacular.
ReplyDeleteThough I feel like a lot of games are like that the first night they open. I think there is the combination of a new system, running a new game with everyone trying to play, and everyone is unlocking a bazillion things every game(which has to stress the fragile new system even more)
The stuff that Brad and I were playing together or even when Mike jumped in, seemed to run pretty well so long as you didn't have one of us jumping in the game during play.
Points so far:
-Bullets.....you just don't have enough of them. But you can jump into a command center for like half a second and re-up.
-Grenades are pretty weak, your guy sucks at throwing them, and you have to cool down between throws. Again, you can jump in a command center and re-up.
-It would have been nice of them to tell us that you can't unlock the challenges while playing co-op.
-The beacon for selecting objectives is cool. Being able to tell how many people are playing a certain class is cool. Being able to tell how many people are supporting an objective is cool. They need a mini map to go with the radar though.
-The medic is important and I spent a bunch of points to buy his stuff last night. He is weak as hell and unless someone buffs(I hate this term by the way) my guy with a kevlar vest, he's pretty much dead. If you hold x and they guy you are trying to help runs out of cover, your medic automatically dashes out after him. I died a lot like that.
-Giving players the ability to change their guys outfit color too much meant that I already spent a bunch of time shooting my own team.
-The spy sucks. I do appreciate the homage to Counter Strike.
-I like that lighter body types are faster but can't use some heavy weapons but I don't like that you can't get on top of anything with the heavy body types.
Mandi dropping the interwebs brings the suck man. Guess she's just going to go by word of mouth and stop posting ads on craigslist.
ReplyDelete"Guess she's just going to go by word of mouth and stop posting ads on craigslist."
ReplyDeleteL-O-L
What's awesome about this game is that i'm already great at it.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually going to change up the controls to be more cod like. mainly the sprint feature.
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing I should pick up this game?
ReplyDeleteI'd say so. I think we will have fun playing the co-op even in the story mode.
ReplyDeleteI'd have to agree with Mike, I am also already great at the game at the end of the co-op maps it told me I was the best overall, best medic and had the most kills. It also said had you have used a different class you would most likely be the best at that as well.
ReplyDeleteI have 41% of the achievements already and i've only played for 4 hours.
ReplyDeleteI played some with Brad and then with Mike last night. There are several missions where you have to defend this, then defend that if they get through this, then defend this if they get through that.......
ReplyDeleteWe just defended the first one the whole time and locked it down.
Also, medic is getting old. He doesn't have enough features, upgrades, abilities, or armor. If the enemy is going to come in endless waves and you don't have enough human players that make a difference, you are better off with a guy that can give ammo or build turrets.
I think the engineer and the soldier are gonna be good. Between me handing out bullets and throwing grenades and stu's turret, we ran through the levels pretty easily. The operative needs an ability that makes him hack stuff faster.
ReplyDelete