I think we've all seen enough movies to know some lines that tend to get overused. this past weekend I saw Priest, it was pretty cool, vampires and what have you, at one point the main guy says "we leave at dawn" and I couldnt stop laughing. its just such an overused line, so i started to think of some others and look up other peoples list of these cliche lines, i think they are mostly from action movies, and probably said mostly by these guys
anyway, here's what i came up with in no particular order. if you have any others, feel free to add them
We got company (start of car chase)
Who’s there (wandering through a house, right before getting attacked)
Go ahead, I’ll hold them off
He’s standing right behind me, isn’t he (when saying something bad about your boss. Of course coworkers never warn you)
Its quiet, a little too quiet (when its just a little too quiet)
What part of _______ don’t you understand (fill in the blank with anything)
According to my calculations
You’re going to want to see this (when something is so bad that they cant just say it, they have to show it to the boss, or usually bring it up on the “main screen” tv in the command room
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit _______ (drinking, smoking, banging, whatever)
I think we lost em (probably didn’t lose em)
That might be crazy enough to work (1% chance of success, but works everytime)
You gotta trust me on this
Got a bad feeling about this (jk, this is the greatest line ever)

I'll be right back (never comes back.)
ReplyDeleteHey, Look who's on tv?!?!!? (Usually your friends head inside the tv)
lol, I was gonna say "I got a bad feeling about this."
ReplyDeleteHow about: "Don't look now, but _______"
and the other person always looks right away.