Friday, May 13, 2011
MMA Discussion 05-13-2011 - Injuries Edition
Brock Lesnar is out against Dos Santos....Carwin is in.
Brock has diverticulitis, which is the same illness he had last year that put him on the shelf for a full year. It might be another year out for Lesnar who said he wasn't retiring but you probably won't see him in action until mid 2012. Get well soon Brock.
Carwin on the other hand has a chance to get back in the title picture if he beats Dos Santos....which I don't think will be happening. I'm pretty sure this fight will end in KO.
So far we've had these main event fighters get hurt:
Fitch
Penn
Maynard
Edgar
Brock
Jones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's cause the UFC gives out health insurance now. Fighters can just sit back and get paid by aflack or something. I don't think many people are gonna watch TUF now that they know the coaches aren't even fighting. I think JDS will take Carwin, cause Shane is taking the fight on somewhat short notice. Really this fight can go either way, since both are such great strikers. Let's just hope it does end in KO. Sometimes 2 great strikers play it safe. I don't think that'll happen in heavyweight though.
ReplyDeleteAlso, other fighters that got hurt that would've been a main event:
Rashad Evans
Cain Velasquez