It's Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I'm a GSP nutthugger, I've been waiting for this match since Shields won the Welterweight Title in Elite XC. Yes it was about 2007/2008 and I thought to myself "Wow, this guy could actually give GSP a tough time." Then when I started watching more of his matches, I realized that I was catching up on my sleep. But after watching the Hendo fight, I figured that Shields has a better shot @ winning this than anyone right now.
Why GSP wins this - Striking, Wrestling, Cardio, Plays it safe
I've always said this....GSP will beat you for a full 5 rounds so you'll never want to fight him again.

All around, he is the complete fighter. His stand up & wrestling are amazing and his cardio is even better. Everyone criticizes his style because after a few rounds he does play it safe, but its usually after he's made one of your eyes look like a vagina.
Why Shields wins this - Blanket Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Durability

I'm not going to deny that Shields has a (boring) style that works. In his last 3 fights, he has mounted his opponent 16 times. Though he never came close to finishing those fights. Still the judges look @ it as points. Also he's been rocked in a few of his fights but seems to recover pretty quick. Also people bring up the time GSP was in a grappling tournament and lost to a guy in less than a minute, which Jake Shields beat in the next round. Jake has also finished 7 out of his last 10 opponents, with 6 coming by submission.
Why GSP won't win - If you have an idea, please comment.
Why Shields won't win - Striking, Cardio.
Watch a Jake Shields fight........notice anything about his striking?

"Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind."
That's right, it sucks. When he throws a kick, his hands go strait down. When he throws his punch.....he doesn't use his body, he just uses his arms. It's what I like to call "Arm Punching" which is like getting a slap to the face. Also his cardio is usually an issue with his weight cut. He'll drop a ton of weight before the fight and never seems to recover for the next night. From there he puts himself in very bad spots.

Who Wins???? GSP by Decision
We'll probably have to hear from a few people that GSP is boring and they can't wait till he loses.Also the fact that Bobby Lashley is the greatest heavyweight of all time. Mike and I will take our main event shot, and watch GSP beat the hell out of Shields for 4 out of 5 rounds. Yeah I'm giving Shields a round.

when was the last time somebody beat gsp in a round?
ReplyDeletei dont think its happened for a while.
i think gsp will use the same strategy as koscheck, keep him at distance and use his quickness to jab him in the face. eventually use his wrestling to take down shields and go for armbar.
i love the header pic of gsp as supaman.
lets just hope jake shields
*puts on sunglasses*
isnt his cryptonite
YEEEEAAAAAH
also, i rofled at "kick punch its all inthe mind"
ReplyDeletethe pic of shields punching reminded me of this fight in the nhl, it was basically a slap fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRCpN4OMpM
UFC 74 (4 years ago) Kos won 1 round against GSP.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks you can't watch this fight with us.
Pretty awesome you remember Parrappa the Rappa.
GSP easily. By 3rd round shields is gonna be gassed and backpeddling, and so am i.
ReplyDeleteLOL...TL/DR
ReplyDelete