What did I say - Diaz by Submission
What Happened - Diaz by TKO
I honestly thought Diaz would go to his bread and butter and then did something no one else thought he could do and that was "TKO" Daley. When Daley started ice skating around the ring I didn't know what was going on. At first I kept saying "early stoppage" but he was out on his feet when he hit that triple axle. Plus Big John McCarthy knows whats best.
Next up for Diaz - He talked about being suspended for some reason? Maybe it's 1 of 3 things.....injury, pushing the camera man, or thc laced pee pee. Tyron Woodley (no name guy with 7-0 record) could be his next opponent. I think it's time to bring him back to the UFC or bring a few UFC guys to Strikeforce. Also he needs a little vacation......in the last 6 months he's fought 3 times.

Next up for Daley - I don't know if Dana White wants to keep him in Strikeforce. Bellator could use someone like him, though if kept, he could have exciting matches (Cung Le @ 185, Cyborg @ 170, Zamroskis @ 170, etc.) At least he didn't throw any post fight punches.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
What I said - Melendez by Decision
What Happened - Melendez by TKO
Wow....that's all I have to say. Kawajiri....in every match I've seen him, has put on a tough showing....and it took Melendez 3 minutes to TKO him. He's only been tko'ed 1 other time (Eddie Alvarez) and it was after Kawajiri was gassed. I've also said that Melendez is the #2 lightweight in the world and I think it's time for him to make the jump to the UFC.
Next up for Melendez - UFC bound or KJ Noons
Next up for Kawajiri - Japan (Dream or K1)
Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm
What I said - Aoki by submission / heel hook
What happened - Aoki by RNC
When Aoki took Beerbohm's back I said "It's over" and it was. This was quick, fast, and easy....just like my ex.
Next up for Aoki - Back to Japan (Dream) to defend his title and maybe a vacation. He's fought 16 times in the last 3 years (13-3)
Next up for Beerbohm - Who knows?
Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine
What I said - Mousasi by KO
What Happened - Draw
This is the year of the Draw.......Mousasi should have finished this fight but was outwrestled by the man with the worst chin in MMA. Mousasi stock goes down and he was rumored to get a title shot against Hendo with a win.
Next up for Mousasi - Rematch with JardineNext up for Jardine - Plastic Surgery - But if you think about it.....he drawed with the #2 Ranked LHW guy in Strikeforce. Stock goes up....oh and plans to move to middleweight.

Honorable Mention goes to Cecil Peoples for being a ref that night. He did pretty good, and had no complaints from me.


diaz is so cocky, i love it, he comes out taunting. i think he might be getting suspended because he didnt answer any of the questions that the guy asked him after the fight. although i did have a strong urge to go down to his gym and train.
ReplyDeletemelendez is quick, he could be good in ufc.
cecil peoples looks like stanley from the office.
his action figure should come with a quarter, so he can flip it to decide who won each round.
I think Jardine took that fight on short notice too.
ReplyDeletealso, the pics on this post are great.
ReplyDeleteDan Hendo vs Fedor. lose 2 fights, drop a weight class. pretty standard actually.
ReplyDelete