Friday, April 8, 2011

MMA Discussion 04-08-2011 - Don't be scared Homie

This is probably one of the best cards Strikeforce has put on in the longest time. All guys on the card look good and it's the return of Keith Jardine.

5 things I love in life.
1. Russian Chicks
2. Xbox 360
3. Dat Ass
4. BJJ
5. The Diaz Brothers

Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley - WW Championship
I think it's safe to say that this is a fight that most of us have been waiting for. I'm surprised there hasn't been any trash talking and both of these guys are coming to fight.

Why Nick Diaz will win - Boxing, BJJ, Durability, 209 / Gracie Camp
I don't care what anyone says...Nick Diaz is #2 in the world @ Welterweight. Do I think he can beat GSP.....no, but he has the best chance of doing it. His striking is unorthodox and is mainly used to tire out / frustrate opponents. He won't knock you out, but he'll put you in plenty of bad spots. TKO's are common for Nick but it's his submission game that's the most dangerous. He'll submit you from any angle (gogoplata, triangle, armbar, kneebar, etc) and that's how I feel he'll finish this fight. Also he trains with a team that has a combo of wrestlers, boxers, and BJJ pros everywhere in site. Also they have your back after the match.




Why Paul Daley will win - Kickboxing, KO power (Left Hook), Durability
Ask Scott Smith about Daley's left hook? Or Dustin Hazelett? Or anyone who has faced Daley. They are afraid of his striking, and that might be the reason he will win. Diaz will stand with anybody, and that could be his only weakness in this fight. Daley also can take a good punch.....this fight is going to be a stand up war.....if it stays standing.


Why Diaz won't win - Wrestling (takedowns are weak), likes to stand and bang.
Diaz doesn't have a wrestling game, which is Daley's biggest weakness. If Diaz can't take him down, he might have trouble putting him away on the feet. Also the fact that he's been knocked down during fights (and cut) could cause a problem.

Why Daley won't win - Ground game is ass......Never Makes Weight (well he does but not all the time.)
If this fight goes to the ground, I give it a few seconds until he gets armbarred or choked out. His BJJ defense is good, but not good enough to defend the choke against someone like Diaz. Also imagine if he didn't make weight and won the fight. LOL.....he wouldn't win the title.

Post Fight Brawls?
Diaz has fought in many post fights (KJ Noons, Miller, Hospital Fight with Joe Riggs.)
Daley threw 1 punch after the bell.
That's assault brother.


Who wins?
Diaz by submission
Daley just doesn't have the grappling skill that Diaz has. I can see an Armbar or RNC in the 2nd round. Also cause I found this on the internet....looks like Diaz knows whats up.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri - Lightweight Championship
I don't even know if you guys know who these two are. Melendez is notorious for going 5 rounds. He's a mexican Frankie Edgar. I can easily see him winning this fight.
Kawajiri's nickname is Crusher. He is a wrestler / boxer from Japan. I can see him winning this fight....in Japan.
Melendez by decision.

Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm
I'm not even going to get into this. I feel bad for Lyle....he's a no name guy that on Sunday will not be able to walk correctly for a few days.
Aoki by Heel Hook.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Keith Jardine
Seriously? Jardine has the most hilarious KO poses (next to Cro Cop.) Mousasi just KO's people.
Mousasi by KO. A Hard KO.
"Jardines"

What Nick Diaz said on MMAWEEKLY.com
"(About UFC buying Strikeforce) Honestly, I don't understand this whole thing. I'm way too busy training. It's hard for me to understand what's going on. But I knew there was a reason why I never strapped that belt around my waist. Whatever, champion, whatever. (Paul Daley) can have the belt. I'm fighting for money."
"I don't feel like a champion right now that the UFC bought this organization. I don't understand all that. I thought we were competing with the UFC. I thought my belt was potentially just as important as the UFC belt and we had the best fighters here (in Strikeforce); more technical martial artists and stand-up fighters."
"But now this is all about going to the UFC so I don't care about the Strikeforce belt. There was a reason why I never put that shit on anyways."

2 comments:

  1. paul daley's gonna be in sharkfights even if he wins. He'll be the champ in sharkfights though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. diaz defends his title for the 3rd time in 6 months. He says he's gonna get suspended though. He either broke his hand or he was smokin up.

    ReplyDelete