Monday, April 11, 2011

This describes exactly what happened.

9 comments:

  1. sucks, are you gonna send it back to microsoft?
    also, this header pic with gsp is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Elite is going on 4 years old. I'll see if the warranty still covers it.
    Though I'm probably buying the "New" Xbox this week (without the kinect.) I don't think the kinect is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if youre buying a new one you should let mike try to fix the old one, apparently he is the master of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the stuff to attempt a repair. I have a half built one in my basement that works. it's in a computer case but the dvd drive isn't mounted yet and i have to sort out the power situation for the case fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I was going to ask if you could repair it but when you had the time. They extended the warranty on the Xbox so I have to check if it still covers it when I get home.
    If it doesn't, what do you need from me other than the Xbox? Would you place it back in the same case?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, i can put it in the same case. It just holds the heat sink to it tighter than it was originally. if you can get them to repair it though, it might be worth it. also, the trick is to always play it on it's side, not laying flat. ever since tony taught me that mine has broke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last night I tried the trouble shooting guide on xbox.com. Pointless. It goes like this.
    1. Turn on Xbox
    2. Is your power plug green, yellow, red, or off?
    (Mine was green.)
    3. Looks like your shits broken. Pay $99 for repairs?

    I thought it was a fluke @ first because I turned it on and was good for a few minutes but then I heard a loud beep, then it froze. I tried turning it back on and got the insta-rings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It says your shits all retarded and you talk like a fag. What I try do is just you know, like, you know.
    I probably can fix that piece, but it's up to you. I'll certainly void any warrantees.

    ReplyDelete