Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Game Release Dates

Games that should be on your radar

I asked the guy at gamestop why no games come out in the summer. He said they all come out right before the holiday season cause they sell more that way. He was right. Here’s the games that are coming out before the end of the year.

9/6 Dead Island – A multiplayer zombie game! Can’t really go wrong with it unless you don’t allow any upgrades of any kind and only 4 weapons (I’m lookin at you left 4 dead)
9/20 Resident Evil 4 HD – If you haven’t played 2005’s game of the year, now is your chance
Gears of War 3 – another installment in the alien shooter
9/27 Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD – might not be on everyone’s list, but certainly on mine, classic RE
10/4 Rage – sounds a bit like fallout and a bit like borderlands. The guys at gamestop will be your friend just for preordering.
Dark Souls – heard this game is gonna be great
11/8 COD:MW3 – the FPS that you know and love, now with 50% more noob tube
11/11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – I’m not sure which game is more anticipated between this and Rage. Free roam adventure, but with swords and spells instead of guns.
11/15 Assassin’s Creed: revolutions – Climbing up buildings and stabbing people with hidden weapons is always fun.

7 comments:

  1. I'll probably buy 6 or 7 of those games.
    Dead Island looks great, and MW3 I already have reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have rage, gears, and mw3 on reserve. def getting dead island, re4, skyrim as well. i'm gonna wait to see what bill says about dark souls once he plays it before i buy it, i dont want it to be another fable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that game ends up being Fable I will never recommend a game again.. Ever. Dead Island should be great. Multiplayer... What an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. multiplayer alone will make me buy a game most of the time. bill and i have played a few games recently that i would have never even looked at if it was single player only.
    fable, command & conquer red alert 3, dungeon siege 3, marvel ultimate alliance.
    they are all worth the time if you play with a friend, except fable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally burned my fable game so some other kid wouldn't make the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That game better be in ashes cause there's a penalty around here for incorrectly using the word literally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I glued the ashes back together and then burned it again. Game was worse then Goblin Commander.

    ReplyDelete