Monday, August 29, 2011

MMA Discussion 08-29-2011 - UFC 134

Silva vs Okami
G.O.A.T. We all said it. He's probably unstoppable. People want Silva to fight Hendo again because he's been on a roll knocking out the competition in Strikeforce. Re-Watch UFC 82.....you'll see exactly why Hendo won't beat Silva. I think Silva needs to fight the winner of Brian Stann vs Chael Sonnen or Mayhem vs Bisping.
BTW this was my reaction to the finish.


Shogun vs Griffin
I knew Shogun would take it in the rematch. I like how Griffin comes to fight and never backs down.....but I knew an in shape Shogun could beat just about anybody. Now it's just tough to wonder "Who's Next?" Maybe the loser of Rampage vs Jones? Phil Davis? I would want to keep him active & healthy so he could fight the winner of Evans vs Jones / Rampage.
BTW this was my reaction to the finish.


Big Nog vs Schaub.
Schaub said that if he wins this fight.....he deserves a title shot. He's a "Can Crusher" and only beats jobbers. I thought that Big Nog would be the next legend on Schaub's list. I mean he's coming off of a big KO loss, hasn't fought in over a year, 2 hip surgeries, knee surgeries, he was on crutches for 6 months, etc. All the odds were stacked up against him. Then out of nowhere he became the "JUGGER-NOG." I'm glad he ko'ed Schaub. Now he can stop asking for a title shot.
This was my reaction to the finish.
At first I was like

Then I was like

followed by


and finished with a


I want to say thank you to Hurricane Irene for canceling that birthday party I was scheduled to go to and the ability to watch UFC 134...which turned out to be one of the best UFC's I've ever seen. Oh and Arlovski won a fight in Hawaii.

BTW When she told us that her B-Day party was canceled she was all like
and I was all like

12 comments:

  1. I just watched the anderson silva fight again and it's amazing. it's also cool that ken flo knew exactly what he was doing. Just gauging okami's reaction to different moves, then setting him up for the big finish in the second. I think shogun is good, but his movement wasn't as good as it has been when he beat machida. Griffin sucks though and isn't a great challenge. When is the Reem going to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shogun is a beast, he's way better than he was the first time he fought forrest. also, forrest has gotten a lot worse.
    i dont want to see silva fight gsp, i'm afraid gsp will get destroyed. silva is like blade, he has all their strengths, none of their weaknesses. he has cardio and speed of a lightweight. power of a heavyweight. accuracy of rich gannon. he came out in the 2nd looking angry, i've never seen him like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reason Shogun lost his first fight against Forrest was because he came off of 2 knee surgeries (like he was with Jon Jones.) Forrest took advantage of his cardio and submitted him in the 3rd. I've seen Shogun look like ass twice....the 1st Forrest fight and his fight against Jones (both coming off of injuries.) If his knees can stay healthy, then Jones vs Shogun 2 will be a war. Forrest has lost the drive to fight, he'll always be a "B" level fighter now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silva cannot be beat. Any weight. His main weakness is his wrestling but no one has learned from Chael Sonnen. @ 205 it's hard too say if Jon Jones is the greatest LHW ever and if he'll be a threat to Silva. I know Silva would KO both Rampage & Evans.

    In the 2nd I felt bad for Okami.....Silva came out looking angry with his hands down. Then started playing with Okami. If you're a middleweight watching that....you have to be scared knowing that you might be the next one looking like an idiot in front of the millions....and millions of Silva's fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention that Koscheck is moving to 185......guess you can put him next on the list of guys to get beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. His head fakes and feints leave Okami on the complete defensive before he ever attacks. it looks like he's winning the fight from both fighter's posture. Silva has power in both hands. he switches stances so easily. Maybe the best chance against Silva is to just rush him before he gets a chance to analyze you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think okami was trying to do that, but silva just evaded him. okami wanted to start off quickly, but still knows that silva will wamp him if he leaves himself too open by charging in. i would really like to watch one of silva's fights and listen to him comment on what is going on in his head during it. he can't do it until he retires though because everyone else would just try to copy it. only problem is, you can't teach reflexes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Mike - Both Vitor and Leben tried that. Both got ko'ed. I think Sonnen had the best strategy....load on up the roids and get triangled in the 5th. But I would think people would see that his takedown defense is not world class and exploit it but their scared to get hit. I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet Ando would have a paragraph explaining why he does each move and what he's learning when the opponent reacts. He also has to test his opponents power and reach. Watch right before he knocks out Okami. he has his hands down but he doesn't stop moving his feet to maintain an exact distance. He knows exactly how far the other guy can reach and how much time he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also if you look at his eyes, most of the time he's not looking at the guy's head or his hands. He watches the torso and sometimes looks at the legs. I think he's just using the force or looking into the guy's soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry for spamming, but i came across these 2 things.
    1) Silva is a can crusher
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrePWiGvnM

    2) strike by strike analysis of the fight and quite funny
    http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/8/29/2390323/ufc-134-results-anderson-silva-outclasses-yushin-okami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mike and I yelled during this fight twice and only this fight.. Mike jumped to his feet as soon as Okami hit the ground... TWICE

    ReplyDelete