Monday, May 2, 2011

MMA Discussion 05-02-2011


UFC 129 Recap
Fight of the Night - Aldo vs Hominick
KO of the Night - Machida
Submission of the Night - Garza (Flying Triangle)

GSP vs Shields - GSP by Decision
Well we all knew it was going to happen, but to think that the 2 of the judges gave Shields 2 rounds blew my mind. I couldn't really see 1 round being Jake's (even though I predicted for him to win 1 round.) Imagine if he scored a few take downs? We could have been seeing a new champ right now.

Next up for GSP - Nick Diaz
This is the only fight I can see happening before GSP moves to another weight class. After that, we'll probably hear the GSP vs Silva superfight Dana White keeps talking about.

Next up for Shields - A move to 185 and a few striking lessons. I didn't think he would win the fight based on his striking. It looked horrible.

Aldo vs Hominick - Aldo by Decision
We knew this was going to happen as well, but we thought Hominick would have gotten knocked out in the 1st or 2nd. He put up a great fight and dominated the last round but this picture just shows you how much of a beating Aldo will put on you.

Next up for Aldo - Chad Mendes in Philly (rumored) or Kenny Florian
If Ken Flo fought Aldo it would be a great because I'm not really excited for the Mendes fight. Mendes is just another Faber.....just he uses his wrestling more.

Next up for Hominick - Get that thing looked at.

Machida vs Couture - Machida by KO
This was probably one of the saddest moments in MMA. Though I knew Machida would win (and I did say Couture is KO material) I didn't think that Couture's last fight would end like this. Machida showed why he's one of the best in the sport and Steven Seagal showed why he is the best trainer in MMA today.

Next up for Machida - ???
All the guys I wanted too see him fight are fighting on the UFC Brazil card.

Next up for Couture - Vacation / UFC Executive.

The rest of the fights were amazing.
I went 5-1 on my picks.

3 comments:

  1. steven seagal must be teaching the front snap kick, that thing crushes people. i was completely silent when couture got beat, i knew he would lose, i was just hoping it would be by decision.
    whats next for nate diaz? he's lost a couple in a row
    ufc 129 is going to make the next few cards look like they are all undercard fights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diaz needs to work on his wrestling, bulk up or go back to 155. He was getting thrown around like a small child. Also instead of trying to KO someone, just go for a submission....a majority of his wins in the UFC are from submission. Stick with what works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's going down to lightweight. it's pretty much definite. he really needs to work on his wrasslin. how come there's no quotes from shields? I can't find his response to getting beat or what he plans for the future.

    ReplyDelete