Thursday, March 14, 2013

MMA Discussion - Diaz vs GSP



What are the odds Diaz fails the drug test?

Diaz vs GSP

Honestly I want Nick to win. Why?  Because I think we need a change and to stir up welterweight division.  Who would GSP face if he lost to Diaz?  There's tons of option.  What will your reaction be if GSP gets TKO'ed in the 2nd?  Mine will be something like this.


 Ya never know what GSP will do.  He didn't take down Shields because he was a better striker than Sheilds & didn't want to get into a ground war with him.  Now he's facing someone who has better BJJ & better boxing than him.....should be interesting.  I feel like an upset will happen.

2 Things to look out for......Greasing up & nut shots from GSP.


Then 2 weeks later his post fight drug test will come back and he will get stripped of the belt because Dana White isn't a fan of Diaz.  He already said he will take the title off of him if he isn't a corporate champion.  He's like the Vince McMahon of the UFC.


Hendricks vs Condit

Let me tell you something brother.....Hendricks is ready.  He was ready when he killed Fitch.  He was ready when he beat Koscheck.  He was ready when he knocked out Kampmann.  Condit has a style to beat him, but we haven't seen any weaknesses is his game yet.  I believe it will go to decision with Hendricks winning a split decision but if he knocks out Condit this will be my reaction.



 "You're welcome"



9 comments:

  1. i think GSP will beat diaz, takedowns and ground and pound. you never know what secrets gsp was working on for the months he's been off, he might know how to conjure yoga fire at this point or possibly even spirit bomb. i know what diaz has been up to, smoke weed every day.
    i like both guys though, so it should be an awesome fight. i definitely know what side will win the after fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, you are the master of gifs.
    where the hell do you even find these things. that guy that rubs his junk and then puts oil on himself, is that ron burgundy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that this GSP fight might go down the exact same way as the Bendo / Nate Diaz fight. Nick cuts very easily and lost a fight by doctors stoppage, then started a brawl in the ring. He's also started brawls in Hospitals (see Joe Riggs vs Diaz). Honestly it might be a normal GSP fight. Work the jab, take down, GNP, rinse & repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thousands of gifs just waiting to be used. If I'm on a forum and see something I like, I usually grab it. I uploaded 10 of them last night but only had the chance to use the 5. The one guy looks like Johnny Hendricks on the bottom. The other guy I think has the gimmick of being Ron Burgandy. That or an Internet predator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't actually think Diaz has better boxing than GSP. They have different styles. GSP is kind of a defensive boxer, but can also utilize kicks. Diaz is all out offensive boxing. I read that all GSP has to do is get in side control and pound out Diaz. No one's ever been submitted from side control. Challenge Accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe I didn't word that right. Diaz might be a better boxer, but I don't think he's necessarily the better striker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GSP is your complete fighter. His all around striking is way better than Diaz's, but Diaz has unorthodox boxing. Diaz wins in the boxing department but he's definitely not going to win in a kickboxing battle. That's what happened against Condit. He hit Condit with more punches, but Condit landed way more kicks. GSP will stand more on the outside, use his jab & anytime Diaz comes in he'll either close the distance or go for the take down. I should have changed my original post & say "we know GSP will win, but I'm hoping for the upset."

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't know if you noticed, but i added a surprised gif in the "in case GSP gets KTFO" section

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Gerry has some great points. I just don't think Diaz has what he needs to knock out GSP. I think GSP will stand on the outside and frustrate Diaz with the jab and his speed. GSP will wait for Diaz to really reach past the jab with something heavy and he's gonna duck it and drag him down, make the fast move, and pound him.

    If they were physical equals, Diaz's boxing and BJJ would be a major factor in the fight. GSP is going to just be too fast and strong for those real skills to shine. Diaz is going to be really dangerous if GSP fails to make the pass. Staying in guard is going end in a triangle. GSP needs to drag him down and jump over that one leg the instant it hits the ground.

    I'm fucking stoked.

    Also, the fight doesn't matter because Diaz's piss double is going to wind up being high too. Just less high.

    ReplyDelete