Thursday, February 2, 2012

MMA Discussion - Diaz vs Condit





It's tiiiiiiime. On Saturday night we will hopefully witness Big Chris break one of my chairs, and finally a new WW champion (unless there is a draw).

Quick History cliff notes
September 7th 2011.
Diaz doesn't show up to a press conference for his title fight with GSP.
Dana White drops over 1000 f-bombs a minute and makes Condit the new #1 contender.
Diaz gets dropped to co-main event duty against BJ Penn.
GSP gets injured.
Penn vs Diaz is the new main event @ UFC 137.
Diaz lands 178 strikes in his fight and beats Penn.
Diaz is named new #1 contender.
GSP gets injured even more.
Diaz vs Condit for the Interim WW Title.
Big Chris is coming over.


Why Nick wins this fight?
Boxing, Durability, Gracie Jiu Jitsu, 209 Stockton baby WHAT, I train with the best fighters in the world: Ceasar Gracie, Jake Shields, Gilbert Melendez, my little brother Nate, I'd like to thank my boxing coach........

Watch a Nick Diaz fight. He has the best boxing for MMA, the best BJJ for MMA, and the best taunts in MMA. Out of his 26 wins, he has 21 finishes (13 (t)ko's and 8 Submissions). He knows how to out strike you and won't stop until the fight is finished.
Fact: He fought Joe Riggs after their bout @ UFC 57 in a hospital.


Why Condit wins this?
Kickboxing, BJJ, Durability

Condit is a fighter who I root for in all of his fights. He has 26 stoppages out of his 27 wins (13(t)ko's, 13 submissions), and he's very exciting to watch. I used to say that Condit was the future of the Welterweight division while he was in the WEC. Even though he's not fighting the "Best in the World" it's time for him to show the world that he's ready to be called the best. He's KO'ed guys who have never been ko'ed before (Stun Gun & Hardy) and has the skills to beat anyone (including GSP).


Why Nick loses this fight? Cuts very easily
Nick is known for getting cut. He's had surgery to shave down the scar tissue but that hasn't really been helping him. I can see Condit cutting him open and having the ref stop the fight for them to look @ the cut.

Why Condit loses this fight? Underdog, doesn't like Pressure
Watch Condit's fight with Rory Macdonald. Rory put the pressure on him like no other person has. He took him down @ will, nearly TKO'ed him, and didn't stop coming @ him until the end of the 3rd round. That's when Condit reversed, took mount, and tko'ed Rory Macdonald all the way back to the undercard. Since then he has been the one to pull the trigger first and he has won every time. Thing is that Diaz will come @ him and won't make a mistake.

Who wins this and why?
Diaz by Submission


This fight will be nothing but great. Non stop action from beginning till the end with Condit pulling out a round or two before he makes a crucial mistake. Don't be surprised if this goes all 5 rounds. Both of these fighters are one of the best fighters in the world right now and I could see this going either way, but Diaz just has a little bit more of an edge right now to be called the "New (Interim) Welterweight Champion". Then we will have to wait until November to see this.



Other fights
Big Country vs Werdum - Big Country by TKO

Must watch Fight
Renan Pegado vs Scott Jorgenson - Pegado by Submission

Sleeper of the Night.....I mean by you'll be sleeping after this fight

Koscheck vs Pierce
Koscheck by Lay-N-Pray
Dump-N-Hump
Slam-N-Stall
Takedown-Hold down
Ground-N-No-Pound
Throw-N-Hold
Jon Fitching


5 comments:

  1. also bruce leeroy is on the undercard. I laughed so hard when i saw Nate Diaz is also in Terminator 2, but Linda Hamilton was not replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good movie.....and she's good in it.

    I'm glad that Condit got this fight. He's one of the few good things that came out of WEC. I have to agree with Gerry. They are going to trade blows unless Condit goes straight to the takedown attemps and Nick is going to stuff the takedowns when Condit decides he's not getting inside with the boxing. Frustration is going to get him to take some kind of chance and barring a fight stopping cut or a lot of love from the judges if it stays a trade off boxing match, I don't see him walking away with a W.
    It has great fight promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st off, this post is great. pictures, great. content, great.

    i think diaz will win this by throwing 400 punches.
    big country will go to his signature ground and pound where he puts the belly right in the guys face and then the ref stops it.
    i love all the koscheck synonyms, i had to add a pic about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha....that synonyms pic is great.

    I'd love for Koscheck to lose.
    Either way....I'm drinking whiskey and getting rowdy. It's been a tough week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of evil corporations.......

    So you can order UFC in high def on xbox live. I watched the weigh ins and that part streamed great.

    So the choice is yours.....give money to fucking comcast or give money to fucking microsoft.

    ReplyDelete