Is anyone else pumped for this?
All I know is that I'm ready for some Black on Black crime and Big Chris commentary.
Jones vs Rampage
This fight will be a war. Jones will hit Rampage with every type of strike you can think of while Rampage will be going for the KO quick and early. Winner gets to defend the title against Rashad Evans.
Why Jones will win? Striking, Wrestling, Ground and Pound, Cardio.
Jones has the longest reach in the UFC, his wrestling is probably the best @ LHW, and he could go 5 rounds if needed.
Why Jones wont win? Hasn't been tested.
Shogun was his biggest test...but that was an "out of shape I'm coming back from 2 knee surgeries bro" Shogun. If Shogun was in shape for that fight & Jones dominated him, I would have easily said "Jones will walk right through Rampage."
Why Rampage will win? Power Punching, Experience, Durability
Honestly it could be 1 punch and lights out for Jones if he gets hit with a big punch. Also it's very tough to KO Rampage, & he's fought the best of the best in the sport.

Why Rampage won't win? Leg Kicks, 1 Dimensional.
Even though Jones has chicken legs, Rampage for some reason can't stand leg kicks. Forrest used them to wear down Rampage and Evans used them to set up the takedowns. Over the years instead of using what worked in Pride FC & the earlier UFC's, Rampage uses mostly his striking and not his wrestling to win fights. Evans took him down repeatedly and it cost Rampage the fight.
Who wins? Jones by whatever he wants.
This is a fight where you shouldn't blink, go to the bathroom, or fall asleep.

Other Matches
Matt Hughes vs Josh Koscheck - Hughes by Farmaconda
I'm kidding. Unless K1 Matt Hughes Shows up, Koscheck should win this pretty easily.
What sucks is that I would like too see Hughes win because I hate Koscheck.

"Farmaconda Choke"
Nate Diaz vs Gomi - No Contest
Nate fails drug test after fight.....I'm just trollin....it could happen though.
If Gomi wants to win this, he has to keep it on his feet. He'll be submitted if he takes it to the ground. Nate by Double Middle Fingers Submission.
Hunt vs Rothwell - Rothwell will take Hunt down and hugs him for 3 rounds.
In Bizarro world, Hunt KO's Rothwell.....hard.
Browne vs Broughton - Browne KO'ed Stefan Struve with a superman punch. He should win by KO again.
Spike Prelim fight
Tony Ferguson vs Aaron Riley - Ferguson by TKO

"Farmaconda Choke"
Nate Diaz vs Gomi - No Contest
Nate fails drug test after fight.....I'm just trollin....it could happen though.
If Gomi wants to win this, he has to keep it on his feet. He'll be submitted if he takes it to the ground. Nate by Double Middle Fingers Submission.
Hunt vs Rothwell - Rothwell will take Hunt down and hugs him for 3 rounds.
In Bizarro world, Hunt KO's Rothwell.....hard.
Browne vs Broughton - Browne KO'ed Stefan Struve with a superman punch. He should win by KO again.
Spike Prelim fight
Tony Ferguson vs Aaron Riley - Ferguson by TKO

lando rampagian cracked me up. that should be a great fight. in the spirit of trolling. i love koscheck, i hope he wins, he deserves it. he's also a very cool guy. with non-douchebag hair
ReplyDeleteback to reality, i'm picking bones, he's too fast.
quinto calrissian
ReplyDeleteThe talent on this blog is impressive as usual. Should be a great match... One that I will be awake for.
ReplyDelete