(Note: this video is nothing like what happened, I merely hit the back end against a median, although it was at 55 MPH)
They said my car is done for. They ain't gonna fix it cause the frame is bent or some junk. Anyway, they're giving me $13,500 towards another car. What i'm gonna get? Probably gonna get something bigger than a compact, like an SUV or something. What's the recommendations?
Payments or in full will you spend?
ReplyDeletedepends how much it is and how soon i buy it.
ReplyDeletei really like my fusion, test drive if interested you will. (trying to write in yoda talk like gerry). there are some cool suv's too though, the durango is cool and the jeep grand cherokee.
ReplyDeletealso, sarah's got a mariner which she likes, plus everytime i call it a mariner i think of kevin costner in waterworld. that was his characters name, look it up if you dont believe me.
ReplyDeletealso, make sure to look at mpg's. i hear mitsubishi galants are making a comeback
SUV's
ReplyDeleteBill knows about SUV's (he's driven a few.) He told me "Don't get a ford" once.
My Uncle had a Durango....had way too many problems, but has a Jeep Patriot now and it's pretty good, but he has 3 kids and loads up the back with sports equipment all the time.
My mom has had a Rav4(a little small for an suv) for the last few years but she seems to like it.
Cars.
MPG are key. Honda Civic (2008 - 35000miles) is close to 36mpg (HW) and is priced @ 14000 @ a dealer near us on cars.com
Note:
You're going to want something with 4 / AWD (either passenger car or SUV.) Alla's Lexus has AWD and it's amazing in the snow.
dude, there's a like a billion options. I was waiting for stu's response, since he probably can tell me what kind of tow rating these vehicles have. Totaled my car and walked away without a scratch, reminds me of unbreakable. I'm about to ask my boss when my last sick day was.
ReplyDeleteOne car accident into a guard rail? When's your transfer to MD going through?
ReplyDeleteAll of them are plus and minus.
I'd start asking yourself questions.
Price range?
New or used?
Do you care about brand?
Do you care about engine size?
How many seats?
How many miles are you putting on it?(Warranties vary greatly. My truck has a lifetime powertrain and bumper to bumper warranty.)
How long do you plan to keep it?
How important is AWD 4WD?
Do you plan to tow with it and how often, how heavy, etc?
Traction control??????
Some of these will narrow it down for your.
Remember that brands cross over. Jeep is made by Chrysler and so is Dodge. Acura is made by Honda. Lexus by T-Yota. Etc. You can check out consumer reports to find out if there are real recurring issues with a car. Exploding gas tanks, bad plennum gaskets, oil consumption, trans issues, etc.
I had a lemon of a dodge. My new dodge has been just about perfect and I have 84k on it. I think that dodge has really revamped it's line since it's merge with Daimler. They are putting out tough american cars/trucks/suvs with luxury interiors.
Honda and Ford are doing a great job with performance cars that offer excellent economy and great power when you put your foot to it but just about every car company has a car with an injection/timing system that allows for varied output via second stage camshaft control, cylinder deactivation, and linier turbos.
Choices are endless. One thing to consider is the cost of upkeep. My Ram gets better mileage than previous trucks I've owned by a couple of mpg. The trade off is that it has 16 spark plugs that need to be changed every 30k and are hard as hell to get to instead of 8 every 100k that are right on the side of the engine. There goes my fuel savings.
I know this doesn't help much but if you turned me loose to go car shopping right now for myself, I would have a Diesel 2500 Ram or F-250....whichever wound up being the better deal with the best warranty. Neither are going to fit your needs. Narrow it down or ask about a specific car/model/type and I'll let you know what I think.
I only put around 13,000 miles on a car each year. I don't drive much, so gas mileage isn't a major concern. I don't really care about brand. I'm thinking something around $25k. I could spend more, but i don't even drive that much. Engine size isn't critical, but more power than the fit would be nice. Not planning on towing anything, but i would like something that would handle ok in the snow. I don't know if i trust a used car as much as a new one. nobody trades in a car that's working well. I'd probably keep it until it dies, that was my plan with the fit. I was gonna buy a bigger car for my wife when the time came. What do you think of kia's? the prices always sound so cheap. I'm thinking of getting an ultra rare yellow lotus.
ReplyDeleteCar or SUV?
ReplyDeleteWow....an ecoboost AWD Taurus SHO is 45k. They have got to be fucking kidding me. It does have a paddle shifter......
ReplyDeleteAlso....I loved that guys email or whatever about the ultra rare lotus gayifornia.
ReplyDeleteKia is actually on our list for car shopping. Great warranty, low price. Ideal if you are going to drive the wheels off of something and don't care about trade in.
Also....Pics or GTFO!
ReplyDeleteKia Sorrento looks cool and is not too expensive. I'm starting to think I want an SUV.
ReplyDeleteyeah i want to see this broke ass fit
ReplyDeleteyou got any pics of it
didn't take any pics. the rear passengers side was smashed and the tire folded under the car a little.
ReplyDeleteThe new engine in the Sorrento is the major upgrade. People complained about a harsh ride and buzzy engine a lot. I love their warranty. Just for shits and giggles I would price out the one you want and go to dodge and ford for their comparable SUV. Drive theirs and see how close they can get on price. Kia seems to be one of the ones that sticks closer to the msrp while dodge and ford seem to cave rather quickly.
ReplyDeletealso interested in the hyundai suvs
ReplyDeleteThink i'm gonna get a ford explorer.
ReplyDeleteBut you didn't flip it trying to kill your unborn baby and its mother... WEAK!!!!
ReplyDeleteMitsubishi GALANT FTW!!
ReplyDelete