Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MMA Discussion 07-13-2011

Machida vs Evans 2?
BJ Penn vs Carlos Condit?
Jon "Forever Alone" Fitch?

UFC 133
Phil Davis out.....Machida in? Phil Davis recently suffered a knee injury in training and has been forced out of the main event. Dana White offered Machida the match but no word on anything yet. If this does happen then UFC 133 will get better & this will be for a title shot. I say Machida by KO again and the return of the Rashad face.

BJ Penn vs Carlos Condit
Both of these guys have accepted a fight against one another @ UFC 137: GSP vs Diaz. This will also be for a title shot. I have no predictions yet on this but I always say a Motivated BJ Penn can beat anyone, but Condit has been on a roll lately. I don't know if you guys know Carlos Condit's stats but all he does is finish fights. Out of his 27 wins, 26 have been by (T)KO or Submission. He only has 5 losses and all of them have come from top competition (last loss was by split decision over 2 years ago.) It could be Condit's time to shine.

Jon Fitch
Even though he's a blanket, I feel a little bad for Jon Fitch. Guy fights BJ to a draw, has been waiting for a rematch and wants another title shot (he'll get destroyed again.) With no fights lined up, looks like it'll be a while until someone say's he's earned a title shot.

4 comments:

  1. there's a lot of good fights coming up. I hope machida has learned a new finishing move from steven segal. I'm also excited about the free fight card coming up after the rashad vs mokujin fight. Hardy vs Lytle, miller vs bendo, oliveira vs cerrone ,Garcia vs Caceres. gonna be a good card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GOAT is fighting?
    Greatest Fight Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lolld at the rashad carbonite picture
    i would love to see another rashad vs machida fight. mike is right, i want to see a new finishing move. maybe machida will film evans and then hide the tape in the wall behind the fridge. "and you can take taht to the bank"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Machida doesn't want the fight.

    ReplyDelete